[lbo-talk] yakking about the right

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Apr 5 19:55:22 PDT 2012

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 18:27:37 -0400 shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> it takes an utterly insane person to climb the ranks of managment.

Yeah. Or maybe a person who can turn insanity off and on. They're quite insane on the job, but are they equally insane at home or on the golf course?

It's a little like driving, maybe. Get somebody behind the wheel and as often as not they turn into a regressed infantile sociopath. Do they stay that way when they finally get where they're going? I doubt it.

> anyway, i just witnessed some truly impressive backstabbing at a board
> meeting.

My guess is, if it had been an English department, the tone would have been less superficially affable. It's a game to these corporate guys. You win some, you lose some.

> these guys give new meaning to that whole alpha male analysis of
> corporate life.

One has seen gals who were pretty good at it too. Just sayin'.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org