[lbo-talk] Wisconsin State Senator Says Women Are Paid Less Because ‘Money Is More Important For Men’

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 17:59:18 PDT 2012

So, if a woman is childless, she should be making as much money as a guy?

Why do I feel like I've stepped in a time machine....going backwards?

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/04/09/460917/wisconsin-state-senator-money-less-important-wome/

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) quietly repealed his state’s equal pay law last week, a decision that will make it harder for victims of wage discrimination to sue for lost earnings and back wages. The law was enacted primarily to address the massive pay gap that exists between male and female workers, which is even bigger in Wisconsin than in other states.