[lbo-talk] [Marxism-Thaxis] Bernanke to Congress: We're Much Closer to Total Destruction Than You Thin

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Apr 11 08:01:18 PDT 2012

On Apr 11, 2012, at 10:38 AM, c b wrote:

> http://www.cnbc.com/id/41491193/
> Bernanke to Congress: We're Much Closer to Total Destruction Than
> You Think
> www.cnbc.com

What a liar! "By definition, the unsustainable trajectories of deficits and debt that the CBO outlines cannot actually happen, because creditors would never be willing to lend to a government with debt, relative to national income, that is rising without limit." As the head of the Central Bank of a sovereign, Bernanke knows perfectly well that he has both the power and the legal responsibility to lend to the government every dollar needed to finance public expenditures irrespective of the ratio of government debt to national income, no matter how high.

Shane Mage

"All things are an equal exchange for fire and fire for all things, as goods are for gold and gold for goods."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr, 90