[lbo-talk] Marx's Rejection of a Moral Critique of Capital

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Apr 14 04:41:22 PDT 2012

"

in my presentation, capital profit is not 'merely a deduction or "robbery" on the labourer'. On the contrary, I present the capitalist as the necessary functionary of capitalist production and show very extensively that he does not only 'deduct' or 'rob', but forces the production of surplus value, therefore the deducting only helps to produce; furthermore, I show in detail that even if in the exchange of commodities only equivalents were exchanged, the capitalist - as soon as he pays the labourer the real value of his labour-power - would secure with full rights, i.e. the rights corresponding to that mode of production, surplus value." (Marx, "Notes on Adolph Wagner," quoted in Gáspár Miklós Tamás: "Telling the truth about class")

Moral criticism of the Koch brothers is anti-Marxist.

Carrol