[lbo-talk] A lot of white people are disenfranchised

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 06:01:23 PDT 2012

Chris :And a lot of white people are disenfranchised because of the system. Just like there are a lot of black people who do well within the same system that you say is built on "white supremacy."

Charles Brown ///// white supremacy is not the only characteristic of the American system. That many white people are disenfranchised by the system does not mean that they are not advantaged relative to Black people in the system. In general, as a group and all the facts I described above, Black people are more disenfranchised than white people. However, white people should be for fundamental change in the system to get rid of all the "disenfranchisement".

Chris PaulBot McKelvie And what about todays system still needs to be changed? Last I checked we did fix a lot of the system. Granted some parts are still broken, but again, when do you stop putting the blame on "the system" and when do people start taking personal responsibility. Anyone can go "Oh I'm a victim of the system, it's set up against me so that's why I'm in the situation I'm in."

Charles Brown Taking personal responsibility won't do it. The system is bigger than any individual. For example, there are never enough jobs for all. There is always a mass of unemployed ,not because they don't take personal responsibility, but because its in the nature of the system. There will always people who take personal responsibility , but are unemployed and in poverty through no fault of their own. We have to organize as large groups of people to change the system. Take personal responsibility to join with people as in the Occupy movement. That's the type of personal responsibility that is needed.