[lbo-talk] compare and contrast

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Apr 15 19:55:43 PDT 2012

On Apr 15, 2012, at 6:55 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> It's a hypothesis. My take away from reading the dialogs.
>
> We know nothing about Socrates except what Plato tells us.

See the contradiction? your "take away" is based on writings of someone who doesn't grasp ideas that you know only from his writings? Would you say that Shakespeare doesn't grasp Hamlet's ideas?

> On Apr 15, 2012, at 3:18 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
>>
>> Plato...was incapable of really comprehending Socrates's gnostic
>> teachings...
>
> What were those gnostic teachings? Where can they be found?

Shane Mage

This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it

always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire,

kindling in measures and going out in measures."

Herakleitos of Ephesos