[lbo-talk] compare and contrast

Ted Winslow egwinslow at rogers.com
Mon Apr 16 19:43:35 PDT 2012

Joanna wrote:

> I wonder what life form Marx would have assigned to those who are unable to communicate except through quotations from Marx.
>
> It is both irritating and profoundly depressing.

The texts I quote are a necessary part of the interpretive arguments I'm making.

The arguments can't be communicated without them.

As for Marx, I assume he would expect readers to make a serious attempt to understand what he meant. How else could they manage to determine if what he meant was true?

Ted