[lbo-talk] compare and contrast

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Apr 17 12:13:07 PDT 2012

> Y'all are just tweakin' and I bet I know what Chuck's been doin'...

What I've been doing is developing a general background on a revolution in astronomy and cosmology. Dark matter, dark energy are thought to represent 95% of the universe. Observations of supernova (Ia) go back to z = 8.2, with gamma ray bursts back to z = 9.4. Saul Perlmutter from UCB won the Noble Prize in Physics last year for his work on the supernova results.... The issue behind the high redshift results is evolution of galaxies and stars. There is not enough time for a normal evolutionary process. But scientists are very conservative and don't seem to question these problems.

These are impossible to account for results. My basic thought is this is something like a coperican revolution that Kuhn wrote about, but I haven't gotten back to read him to see.

CG