[lbo-talk] Apple Hates Brunettes...

Charles Turner vze26m98 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 05:30:53 PDT 2012

<http://ikamasutra.com/blog/>

Courtesy Kaleidic/Tracy Harms

"After several years and 13 million users, Apple summarily removed iKamasutra from the App Store on February 20, 2012, ostensibly for adding brown hair coloring to our drawings. Then, on March 14, it was just as arbitrarily pulled from the Google Play Store. I have been trying to understand Apple's and Google's sudden concerns and address them, but with limited feedback and no real dialog from them, despite all our efforts, our options have dwindled.

In fairness to the millions of users who purchased the app and have been emailing us asking why they can't restore their purchases, why other apps have copied our designs and icons, and what the future is for iKamasutra, I'm writing this blog post. I hope to address all those concerns, and give a little insight into the daunting task independent developers face in all the app stores for mobile devices."