[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1907, Issue 1

Seth K seth235 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 13:37:02 PDT 2012

I should say that I don't know that the comments I saw were by  "anarchists".  The overwhelming reaction that I've seen to the latest  Philly news has been very good (total opposition,  protest, etc.), including among self-identified anarchists.

But every time a comment like that pops up, it annoys me no end. It's like going around saying "smash the state" in the context of austerity and dismantling of public functions.

Message: 9 Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:11:00 -0400 From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Philadelphia School District announces its     dissolution To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Message-ID: <44859E62-24E4-4AD8-BD47-0D544BF68A20 at panix.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:05 AM, Seth K wrote:

> There were of course one or two comments on Facebook along
> the lines of "we should applaud this because  public education is a tool of state indoctrination."

I just got that from some fucking "anarchist" on FB. Sometimes I think that neoliberalism couldn't dream up a better opposition than "anarchism."

Doug