[lbo-talk] May 1: Workshop in Byrant Park

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 08:54:10 PDT 2012

The media group of OWS is organizing workshops to be held at the point of convergence on May 1, Bryant Park. (I know, Bryant Park is a huge place, but we do not yet have the exact location.) Paddy Quick and I will be holding a 1-hour workshop at 10am sharp under the title "Financial Crises and Austerity Policies: Understanding Capitalist Strategies." If you are in the neighborhood, attend, take part, help out. Email me off-list if you wish to have my cell phone number.

Here's Paddy Quick's bio:

Paddy Quick is a Professor of Economics at St. Francis College, Brooklyn. She has a B.A. from Oxford University and a Ph.D. from Harvard. Paddy is a member of the Steering Committee of the Union for Radical Political Economics (URPE), and a member of Occupy Patchogue, Long Island, NY.

Finally, I'm interested in interesting-looking people (young, old, and in between) who may want to pose/voice interesting economic or political-economic questions on camera for us, URPErs. We will have a camera and all that and we'll be trying to video record people asking interest questions of relevance to the 99% that the URPE summer conference should address.

Best,

Julio