[lbo-talk] Switching Sides

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon Apr 30 08:42:57 PDT 2012

On Apr 29, 2012, at 5:10 AM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
> On 4/29/2012 2:01 AM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
>
>> Maybe. But it seems to me that laughter is more liberating than the quoted passage implies.
>

> I think so too. But I think the superiority theory fits all the "fuck Aristotle and Plato" comments (which can also be read as failed attempts at humor), that we've been getting here lately.

Just to be clear: when I write [words to the effect] “fuck Plato” I am in no way trying to be humorous. Aristotle, if I recall, is famous for having theorised that women have more teeth (or is it less?) than men; this despite being, again IIRC, married to four women … or some such. I don’t think I need attempt any jokes, if this is true, but anyway, when it comes to Plato, I am dead serious.

—ravi