[lbo-talk] The Daily Schadenfreude: Zakaria not original!

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 13:17:25 PDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

>> What surprises me is that given he did not plagiarise from Tom Friedman: there are other people writing this crap?!
>
> Tempest, teapot.

I share Ravi's Schadenfreude when it comes to clowns like Zakaria, but yeah. Worse, and ultimately more to the detriment of writers, artists, etc., is that these notions of plagiarism are completely underwritten by capitalist notions of private property, copyright, and usage. Every one of these plagiarism scandals just enforces those things as sacred.