[lbo-talk] Back

andie_nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 20:31:27 PDT 2012

The old man's History is a masterwork of both history and literature, even so far as I can make out from Eastman's translation. I'd put on par with Thucydides, which is about the highest praise I make for a history.

Was it Berlin de Maistre who counted the term counter enlightenment? Have you read Hirshman's great book on reactionary rhetoric?

Gotta go, my girl calleth.

Sent from my iPad