[lbo-talk] Speaking of grad school

andie_nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 19:41:33 PDT 2012

Yes, I just got that book too. I have been working with Kahnemann-style behavioral cognitive psychology for decades. I had a class with with Robert Nisbett and Paul Thagard in grad school, and have incorporated this kind if work into much of my scholarly work whenever relevant. Anyway, this professor, for all of his authority, didn't impress me. Maybe that is why I haven't been a success in academia. As my dad used to say in circumstances like this, "Stop being reasonable." btw, he was the only professor in grad school to give me an A+, not because of this, it's long story, tell you later if you like. He was a pretty good scholar, very well respected by conventional standards. A good teacher too. But he lowered himself in my estimate with that suggestion.

Sent from my iPad