[lbo-talk] "Common Sense"???? RE:: A PR disaster: Five views onPussy Riot's war

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 23 09:19:23 PDT 2012

Doug Henwood: Perhaps this isn't popular to say, but I think Putin did a good job arresting Russia's total collapse. But now he's turned into a megalomaniacal despot using the revolting Orthodox Church as a prop. Yuck.

------

I would agree except for the implications of "has turned into." Except for Putin Mark Jones's prophecy, that Russia would be the "Africa" of the 21st-c might have been realized. But he _was_ saving Russia for _capitalism_, as he continues to do.

Carrol