[lbo-talk] Lenin would support Pussy Riot

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Thu Aug 23 15:10:09 PDT 2012

My impression is that Voina and Pussy Riot are not the same organization. There are over-laps, but they aren't precisely the same. This stuff strikes me as a dumber version of a lot of stuff that one finds within a lot of avant-garde art (not that much dumber.) It also strikes me as a distraction from the action that got the group in trouble, which is different than a lot of the actions that have been used to criticize the group (some of which involved some members of the group, some of which didn't.) I don't see the use of 'petit bourgeois' contributing anything to the conversation.

At a slightly more substantial level, while I'm not in the Crimethinc camp on the question of theft, one should acknowledge that this form of petty reappropriation is not the same thing as the accumulation of capital.

robert wood