[lbo-talk] Something about finance and housing

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 12:05:29 PDT 2012

>From: Chuck Grimes <cagrimes42 at gmail.com>

>We've been through these problems for nearly a century. Remember the Marx
>Bros on Florida real estate? (Coconuts?)

Lots of good money jokes in that movie:

http://www.clown-ministry.com/index_1.php/articles/the_cocoanuts_starring_the_marx_brothers_groucho_chico_harpo_zeppo/

Groucho : You can have any kind of a home you want. You can even get stucco. Oh, how you can get stucco.

Chico : Right now I’d do anything for money. I’d kill somebody for money. I’d kill *you* for money. [Harpo looks dejected.]) Chico : Ha ha ha. Ah, no. You’re my friend. I’d kill you for nothing. [Harpo smiles.]

Groucho : Three years ago I came to Florida without a nickel in my pocket. Now I’ve got a nickel in my pocket.

Groucho : Wages? Do you want to be wage slaves? Answer me that! Bellhops : No. Groucho : No, of course not. But what makes wage slaves? Wages!