[lbo-talk] Intellectual property rights, free trade, and free markets

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 21:14:56 PDT 2012

Keynes praised The Road To Serfdom:

from Wikipedia on The Road to Serfdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_to_Serfdom

John Maynard Keynes said of it: "In my opinion it is a grand book...Morally and philosophically I find myself in agreement with virtually the whole of it: and not only in agreement with it, but in deeply moved agreement."[3

Cheers, Ken   Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

----- Original Message ----- From: Chuck Grimes <cagrimes42 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Cc: Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:20:18 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Intellectual property rights, free trade, and free markets

Naturally, GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan is a great admirer of Hayek (as well as Ludwig von Mises). Thus far, he hasn't seen fit to repudidate Hayek, the way he did with Ayn Rand.

Jim Farmelant ---------------

Do we have any proof he read Hayek? I have his Road to Serfdom and tried to read him. By page fifty or so a combination of nausa and rage forced me to stop for health reasons.