[lbo-talk] why public transportation projects in US are so expensive

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Aug 27 12:01:14 PDT 2012

>> A huge part of the problem is that agencies can’t
>> keep their private contractors in check.

I think the people involved would say they are doing exactly what they are expected to do :-)

My grandfather used to say that when he was akid, if they wanted to get a school built, everyone got graft ... but at least they got the school built. Today we don't even get the school built (or rail line, etc.).

The original TGV lines will be replaced with something better by the time California sees HSR.

/jordan