[lbo-talk] Anarchist US soldiers 'plotted government overthrow'

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Aug 30 09:31:23 PDT 2012

> I was wondering by what criteria did they get to be called anarchist?

This might just be the usual conflation between what is generally known as anarchism -- the idea that the State is undesirable or harmful -- and the specific jargon used by individual organizations, either on the left or the right.

The quote "give the country back to the people" came up in the trial; I'll bet that's the germ of it.

Everything I've seen is that the term was used by the prosecutor, so take that for what it's worth.

I also only noticed today that the military was pursuing charges against the four for a while, but has dropped them.

/jordan