[lbo-talk] Intellectual property rights, free trade, and free markets

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:48:32 PDT 2012

123hop

I agree that "Reds" was Hollywood crap. I mean, they couldn't even do "Grapes of Wrath" -- so, how "Reds"?

^^^^ CB: I'm thinking Hollywood would be better at portraying a Harvard graduate from a well off family in Oregon, and early twentieth century Greenwich village intellectuals , and their adventures in Mexico rev., union struggles and the Russian rev. based on Reeds "Ten Days" than working class farm workers . Reed was tailor made for Hollywood.

The Red Army chorus singing revolutionary songs is kind of stirring for internationalists ( weep, weep)

^^^^^^^

But Reed's "Ten Days that Shook the World" is a great (and short) read.

^^^^ CB: The Lenin Locomotive.

^^^^^

For films about the revolution, see Eisenstein's stuff.

Also, the two great WWII movies (of many great Russian WWII movies), see "The Cranes Are Flying" and "Ballad of a Soldier." They capture some of the spirit and faith of the revo.

Magnificent film making.

Joanna