[lbo-talk] Oliver Stone's first episode

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:09:18 PST 2012

>The Soviets inflicted 90% of the Nazis casualties. So, clearly it was
>the Red Army that defeated the Nazis. The Western front was tiny
>compared to the Eastern front.

Surely what ultimately defeated the nazis was the relative productive capacity of the US compared to the Germans and the Japanese.

I imagine the Nazis coming to realise, with horror, that the US could replace ships faster than the nazis could replace the torpedoes they were sinking American ships with. But maybe they never did realise that?

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas

^^^^^ CB: I don't quite follow your meaning. Seems pretty straight forward that if the Soviets inflicted 90% of the casualties on them, that's what defeated them. The Germans didn't surrender because they got scared of the rate of production of ships by the US.