[lbo-talk] Saree Makdisi in the New York Times: "If Not Two States, Then One"

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Dec 6 09:13:10 PST 2012

Not sure what you mean by "eventually" in the last sentence, but my reading is that the labor zionists envisioned a top to bottom Jewish society, while the right-wing zionists foresaw Arabs doing menial work. I'm not sure where the laborites thought the Palestinians would/should go, but the recognition that they would be displacing them (taking their land) seems to have sunk in on the zionist left pretty early (50s), if not sooner.