[lbo-talk] Spain Rodriguez, 1940-2012

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:40:04 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Chuck Grimes <cagrimes42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It also occurred to me that OWS could use some good cartoons and
> cartoonists who could rip the powers that be several new openings of the
> disgusting sort.

One interesting sidenote: the comics/animation commons (underground artists, comics, fanzines, etc.) were important influences on the digital commons. The links are especially obvious in videogame culture. The lineage looks something like this:

Comics commons (especially Japan, US, Eastern Europe) + music commons (especially punk, reggae and hip hop) + information commons (open source) + transnational audience = videogame culture.

-- DRR