[lbo-talk] December 7

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:21:00 PST 2012

> Happy early birthday, comrade!
>
> Your podcasts and writings enrich my life in ways you may never know,
> particularly at this pivotal time in the life of - yes I will risk it
> Carrol - The Left. It is very good that you were born.
>
> In solidarity,
>
> Sean.

Same here. And as long as we are on the subject, Doug played a really interesting and good interview with Jane McSomething. Wow was she smart or what? It's about organizing on the ground to form a strong do-something-for-a-change union.

Her focus was on building up solidarity among people and their already given local power structures. The example she used was black churches and churches synagogues and other forms of social life outside of work. Then begin to move into the world of work. It was brilliant.

This all sounds so obvious, but that's the way it's done. Nieghborhoods, schools, churches, the world that most people live when they are not at work.

CG