[lbo-talk] US Census Bureau: Exodus to Suburbs Continues through 2012

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:07:25 PST 2012

Michael is more right than wrong. Since 2000 there's been large growth in suburban poverty, as well as foreign born population there..

Dennis Claxton

That's what I guessed but didn't post. My examples would be the trail of small suburban cities south of Oakland and out east north/south towards Tracy or Sacramento. I did occasional deliveries out in exurbs and found all kinds of odd mixes like Arab-Middle Eastern or various parts of India and Afghanistan-Pakistan. Closer just south of Oakland are where a lot black families moved. Just in these boundries are a lot SAE and Fillipinos.

This was now a pretty long time ago mid-2000s and just impressionistic. I am glad to see it confirmed. It shows up in markets as different fruits and vegetables and overpriced little bottles of various sauces.

Good food is a great communicator.

CG