[lbo-talk] Checking 'answers'

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Sun Dec 16 19:38:05 PST 2012

On Dec 15, 2012, at 7:08 PM, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> I don't understand what you are saying. You have to be more explicit.

Surrender.

Your answer was 'fight'. I wondered if you had considered surrender as an alternate tactic, and if you had considered it, how you felt it might play out. Not surrender personally, but 'surrender' as a global popular movement.

Martial arts suggest that you can use your enemy's moves against him. Capitalism seems to have momentum that is largely dependent on politics of division. If one side of the division withdraws its resistance, where does the inertia of capitalism drive it?