[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Dec 17 10:25:49 PST 2012

I think I said this at the time of Columbine, but I'll say it again: an action like this is rare -- and extreme -- enough that you're simply not going to find a root cause. There are thousands of other Adam Lanzas out there today, and every day that goes by, not one of them will flip the switch that says: today a lot of people, including me, will die. I think it's a pointless exercise to try to "figure this one out" because it's not going to help you in the next one. The people who claim to have figured it out are all pushing their own agenda and see this as The Moment when they can change some votes. That's all it is. All these little juicy tidbits about his mother, his home life, his father, the gun collection, the pharmaceuticals, the so-called diagnoses ... not to mention the security system of the school, the lockdown drills that kids do now regularly in schools ... it's all just little bits of confetti, scattered to the winds.

None of it adds up to anything.

This is simply what we call aberrant or anomalous.

/jordan