[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 08:22:28 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com>wrote:

The NRA is a small organization relative to the population of gun owners in
> the US; they have something like 4M members.

It has 4.3 million current members. It's an interesting case study for movement theorists, though, because many times that many people *claim* to be NRA members in polls. I can't seem to dig up the exact statistic at the moment, but know it's out there. I remember it coming up in discussions within a non-majority union in New York that had a similar gap between self-proclaimed and paid-up members.