[lbo-talk] Collective idiocy....

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 15:52:20 PST 2012

On 2012-12-24, at 4:33 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>> No one disputes that the campaign for gun control might
>> fall short, but why shouldn't the efforts in these communities
>> to obtain effective gun control laws be supported as a reform
>> worth fighting for?
>
> There's reform worth fighting for, and there's reform suggestions that are ludicrous on the surface because they a) have little chance of accomplishing what they purport to reform; and b) suggest to reform something that is not in need of reform.

I still find the reasoning behind your fierce opposition to the demand for gun control mostly incoherent, and you think it's ludicrous that I and other dimwits - probably including most international experts in the area - see a link between the US gun supply and homicide rate, and simply can't comprehend why you and the US right dispute the need for such reform. Let's leave it at that.

BTW, is anyone on the US left is opposed to the current movement for gun control, beyond those who want to preserve the unrestricted right to gun ownership for use in the revolution?