[lbo-talk] US firefighters shot dead

Jason Hecht jayhstata at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 17:43:37 PST 2012

Not to change the subject from fire fighters to teachers, but...

According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are 98,817 public schools in the US. Let's say that a full-time federal police officer (b/c you're not going burden state and local school boards with another mandate) has an all-in average cost of $75,000 per year per cop. So for $7,411,275,000 or the cost of 1 or 2 months of the AfPak war we can have "secure" public schools. Obviously, some schools will need more than PO. I suppose they'll have to go to target practice before or after schools or out, but then, they will have the summers off. Hey, maybe this will be a new source of absorbing all the out-of-work college grads!

I wonder if Eric Prince already has the signed contract?

Jason