[lbo-talk] Why High French Unemployment Rate?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 07:16:47 PST 2012

Did you bother? I am saying that the difference may be in how people respond not in how the statisticians treat their responses. In other words, there is a subjective element in what constitutes unemployment.

If person A does not bother to look for a job, he is not counted as unemployed but if person B is looking - he his. These subjective differences may also be a source of variations in unemployment rates, even though in both cases LFS follows standard definitions.

Wojtek