[lbo-talk] Petras and Religion

petrdann at gmail.com petrdann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 23:53:07 PST 2012

Whatever one thinks of Prof Petras, he has a recent posting on the quantitative decline of 'organized' religions' numbers over the past long decade of 2000-2012. While so far it might seem that the economic downturn has not sparked a turning and/or returning to religion, my question would be: in the context of the likely further shredding of the public safety net, will we come to see american churches successfully 'hamas-ify' and assume more social/political impact on peoples' lives or will the 'you're on your own' mentality hold more sway? (Or I suppose both rather than an either or?) Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T