[lbo-talk] A Christmas Card

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 28 06:44:29 PST 2012

Dennis Claxton: I haven't sorted all this out, but I think the loss of appreciation for the ordinary is fucking us up big time.

Probably -- but it may be a symptom rather than a cause.

The "Neolithic" Revolution brought in labor, famine, war, & pestilence.

The interaction of that foursome triggered the developments you describe.

Carrol

P.S. Prior to the Neolithic Revolution what we call "labor" was inextricably 'mixed up' with other daily activities and had no separate existence.