[lbo-talk] To Hell With Poverty

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 02:17:11 PST 2012

Dennis Claxton:

> Goddam they were good

"Were" good?  Saw them last year at the Columbiahalle in Berlin.  Jon King was electric, and Andy Gill is still my all-time favorite guitar hero.

I also love the fact that the new album is called "Content", a nice homage to the first album being called "Entertainment".

I love the whole Situationist self-awareness of rock as product.  Like the Sex Pistols, but with better music.

As a 90s kid, I discovered them because Kurt Cobain used to drop their name as a major influence.