[lbo-talk] Value of the Dollar

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 11:02:07 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM, brad <babscritique at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't part of the reason that China has become a manufacturing
> powerhouse because of what Dean is talking about - why would US
> investors invest in the US when they get much more for their money in
> China?  Doug claims devaluing the US dollar is the easy (or cheap or
> something like that) way out, but obviously you wouldn't push that as
> the only path.

I have a better idea: US workers and their representatives could get off their (our) arses, forge connections with Chinese workers, and build actual, effective international labor organizations instead of running sniveling to their bosses for help.

> Plus, what is wrong with doing things the easy way?

Because the easy way means increased nationalist fervor and immiseration for Chinese workers.