[lbo-talk] Greece says Goodbye to Democracy

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 10:35:43 PST 2012

 After the war the west supported authoritarian governments in Greece and elsewhere. There was a military junta in Greece that ruled for a number of years. So the west was willing to tolerate a military junta rather than have the communist party win out and the Soviet Union did not prevent this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_military_junta_of_1967%E2%80%931974#American_influence_in_Greece

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_military_junta_of_1967%E2%80%931974

Cheers, ken   Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html

----- Original Message ----- From: Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Cc: Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:55:39 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Greece says Goodbye to Democracy

[WS:] This is my impression too.  Or perhaps not before the fissures in the Soviet bloc started to appear in the late 1960s.

Wojtek