[lbo-talk] Bernie Sander's "saving democracy" amendment

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:55:22 PST 2012

lbo83235

michael perelman wrote:

> Of course, the limited liability corporation is a way between moving
> responsibility away from persons by preventing the owners from being
> sued personally. Quite ironic.

Indeed - at least in retrospect. The "public benefit" requirement in corporate chartering was originally the justificatory basis for granting LL. Obviously that practically begs to be subverted eventually, but there's a kind of sense to it.

^^^^ CB: With the benefit going to a decidedly small and private fraction of the "public".... It sort of trite to say, but I will: The bourgeoisie are very glib liars.