[lbo-talk] Santa Rita, I Hate Every Inch of You

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:13:05 PST 2012

"The romanticized picture of the brutal repression of peaceful demonstrators that Hedges fetishizes is on a continuum with the images of victimization in many of our own actions. We need to tell a new story."

Any idea of what that "new story" might be? Labor vs. Capitalism? That's not the animating story of the 2011 uprisings as much as I or you might like it to be. Representative Democracy, jobs, bread and, for many, the desire to actively participate in a less rigged capitalist system.