[lbo-talk] Santa Rita, I Hate Every Inch of You

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Feb 7 17:37:20 PST 2012

``I'm at a disadvantage here, since the only occupation I've experienced since March is in Palestine,...'' Joseph Catron

This reminds me to ask a favor. Even with web searching it is difficult for me to form a picture or understanding of what's going in Gaza and the West Bank. It's not just the US media. AJE seems to only cover the blood and gore stuff. They are less inclined to write up `non' news, when there are no bombs falling which is also important news to know.

For example what happened to their drive to the UN general assembly? What are the issues between Fatah and Hamas? Is the Egyptian border open or at least somewhat accessible? Do most Palestinians have hopes for the so-called Arab Spring, which seems stalled to me?

I gave some small amount to put up the Palestinian kids art show in Oakland. But I have no idea if the project is still running in Palestine. Are the locals still running the theater that the guy who got killed started, etc, etc, etc...

So I'd like to read some on the ground reporting, no matter the content...

CG