[lbo-talk] Lou Proyect responds...

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Wed Feb 8 11:27:42 PST 2012

On Feb 8, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> "Hedges was trained as a journalist and worked for years at such luminaries
> of lies like the *New York Times*, so it shouldn’t be a secret where he’s
> gotten his sensationalism, his tendency to lie, his hyperbole, and, most of
> all, his seeming inability to do rudimentary research. Nonetheless, when
> activist celebrities like Hedges (and his friend here, Derrick Jensen)
> write even complete nonsense like this, it tends to have a certain
> conceptual currency with people."

This feeds into our 'reading' of Morgan's 'What Really Happened to the 1960s'. I am reading (at the speed of Ravi), yet this quote, and CC's mention of 'good king, bad king' earlier today, are the only connections that I've been able to make to any of Morgan's content. Has this reading been abandoned?