[lbo-talk] Lou Proyect responds...

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Feb 9 07:32:11 PST 2012

On Feb 9, 2012, at 7:09 AM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> Basically, they're afraid that it won't be focused and coordinated; less impact. They will engage in actions that aren't thought through enough, that will fail. They will sink into the background, no one paying attention anymore. As a consequence, they think, the movement will die - and of it's own accord - because, naturally, if you organize it and inject party discipline, it won't die.

This echoes the thoughts of the philosopher of science Paul Feyerabend on the prescriptions and theories of philosophers of science and how off the mark they are. Or that wonderful little joke that I have posted before: “Scientists have proven beyond doubt that the bumblebee does not have the necessary wingspan to fly. The bumblebee does not know this and keeps flying anyway.”.

—ravi