[lbo-talk] CPAC

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 9 07:53:28 PST 2012

Nathan Tankus: ...any "is africa still under-polluted?" (ala doug and larry summers) questions i can borrow?

FM: I would definitely go if you can. Not so much to ask questions as for research.

I wouldn't miss the screening of "Generation Zero – The economic crisis that Obama ignores and Occupy Wall Street exploits…to the peril of the nation" which is listed as a "A Citizens United Productions Film". It appears to be a propaganda film produced, in house, by the foundation that brought the Citizens United case to the Surpeme Court.

CPAC is an ideal place to watch the various Republican Party allied foundations that write the legislature that Congress votes on. It can't be said more than enough times that Congress no longer comes up with its own legislature. It is all being written and pushed by the various foundations that are represented at CPAC. Thomas Frank, in his book, "The Wrecking Crew" lays out the way the industry functions in a very clear way.

Foundations allied with the Democratic Party work in the same way but I'm not as familiar with their pow-wows. In many ways, they are less transparent than the foundations/think tanks/non-profits that create legislature for The Republican Party.