[lbo-talk] Rosa on Old Women (Was: Graeber responds to...

lbo83235 lbo83235 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 02:12:29 PST 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:54 AM, Tahir Wood wrote:

> I wonder if I'm the only person here who dislikes heroic notions of politics.

I'm definitely a bit uneasy with it too. I think there's a strong argument to be made that the language and thinking of heroism is irredeemably caught up in patriarchal fantasies. That's why it's been fascinating to watch even a lot of adamantly feminist women - including some I know personally and have enormous respect for - embrace the language of "heroes and martyrs" over the past year. In the end, I don't think I accept the argument that "the heroic" is irredeemable - but I don't think it's an argument to be dismissed lightly.