[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defenders

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Feb 10 13:13:58 PST 2012

i agree with Ferenc. Please don't stop the pyscho-therapy session!

Missy!

whee! mommy-daddy-me!

Graeber's article is like a Rorschach test. holee shit!

but seriously, the point he's making, missy, is this:

when you treat people as deserving of respect. when you assume that they reallly DO have the best interests of the fami...errr group at heart, and when you assume that they don't come up with their tactics b/c they are uncomprehending children, then you have to make room at the table for them. They aren't children to your adult.

But because you reveal that you think of them that way - as wayward children in need of schooling - that is precisely why they get upset and no longer care what the hell you think.

it's pretty much a basic principle of conflict resolution.

you are not the adult in the situation and "they" are not the children. that you leak that basic assumption reveals, from the get go, that the enemy of solidarity is you, yourself. not to get personal, but there it is. try as y'all might to pretend to respect other people, you simply don't and leak it all over hell.

mommy-daddy-me. please, stay on the couch!