[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defenders

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:54:12 PST 2012

Just one other point to my reply to ravi.

To the objection that the "diversity of tactics" amounts to a de facto division of labor that works (e.g. Doug's argument that we need the black bloc for the powers to get scared and concede reforms), this outcome cannot -- of course -- be ruled out a priori. But it's like saying that because markets some times actually enable people's cooperation, thus allowing them to expande the pool of collective welfare, then we should just let the allocation of resources to markets. Markets may or may not work in a given setting, but that doesn't keep us from trying to abolish them, which results from our growing belief that we can do better, that we don't need to accept the downside of markets, because -- historically -- they have proved to have an upside as well.