[lbo-talk] Graeber responds to Hedges

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 05:32:47 PST 2012

> Certainly there shouldn't be any violence by other Occupiers against
> Black Blockers. But that doesn't get at assessment of the validity of
> Black Bloc tactics. Why r they a good idea to attain the goals of the
> Occupy Movement ? Do they help bring the full 99% into the Movement ?

I've long argued that if you're going to get any kind of meaningful reforms you need a bunch of scary extremists against which "reform" looks like a comforting alternative to the bourgeoisie. So yes, we need the BB or something like it.

Doug

^^^^^^^

CB: I can see that, although, the Black Bloc doesn't really seem like they would be scary to the police if it came down to an all out fight. by the way , about a week ago I got a facebook post or whatever they are called from Anonymous that had a sort of scary threat against the Black Bloc for messing up Occupy. Now Anonymous seems kind of scary. Latest is that they shut down the CIA website (!)