[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defenders

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 06:39:53 PST 2012

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> The fatal neoliberal flaw is built in with Just In Time Inventory
> systems. The speed up of Just in Time, also means it slows
> down faster and stops sooner.

Indeed. This is a good point. I wouldn't say it's a "neoliberal" flaw. It is capitalist. It is in the blood stream of capital to speed up its circulation, turnover rates, etc., because the profitability of capital hinges on it. So, yes, modern "supply chains" are more delicate, easier to disrupt if working people get organized and act in concert across borders. That is why top priority for working people in the U.S. is solidarity and coordination with the workers' movement in China, India, etc. That requires to take proper stock of the issues of imperialism, etc. It's a complicated dance, but we are going to have to dance it.