[lbo-talk] More on BB antics and their defenders

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Feb 11 08:54:20 PST 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Eric Beck wrote:

> Robert's point about violence having historically been mostly
> carried out by labor is a good one, and one I hadn't thought of. If,
> today, violence were carried out primarily by unionists, would that be
> okay or should that also be subject to central committee approval? In
> other words, is the opposition here violence as such or is it
> anarchism?

Speaking for myself, I loved it when the newspaper strikers in NYC in the 1980s burned a few newsstands that were selling scab papers. And when striking coal miners put nails on the roads to give the scab trucks flat tires. We need more of that stuff.

Also, speaking for myself, I think the whole BB thing is greatly exaggerated.

Doug